Creative and practical study day for OTs and other health professionals interested in using horticulture for individual or group work. Participants attending this PoP Garden’s workshop will:
- Gain valuable insights into the relationship between horticulture and occupational therapy;
- Be introduced to the use of horticulture as a meaningful socio-cultural occupation;
- Learn how horticultural activities can be applied to NHS Wellbeing initiatives and how it has been an effective therapeutic medium over time;
- Explore outcome measures and protocols;
- Be shown a range of resources & tools for use with children and adults;
- Discover plant related activities safe to use at the bedside or at group sessions;
- Become familiar with tried & tested indoor & outdoor activities relating to art and culture;
- Meet and share ideas with other health professionals;
- See resources available for purchase, which can be bought on the day.
Dates and locations as follows:
- A course to be held at Waterperry Gardens, Wheatley, Oxfordshire from 10:00 to 16:00 on Thursday 12th September 2019. To see full details and to book a place on this course, please click here.
- Further course dates & venues to be announced in due course.
We look forward to seeing you.
Feedback on POP Gardens’ course to date includes:
‘This has been an amazing start to my Social & Therapeutic Horticulture journey. I will be keeping in touch’. OT from a Brain Injury Unit;
‘I loved all the different little useful ideas on how to carry out seeding activity and how to make it interesting. I will be using it with children. Thank you. I feel very inspired’. OT at a Child and Adolsecent Mental Health unit;
‘Really useful day for getting going with horticultural therapy with a whole range of settings. Thank you so much.’ Neuro-Rehab Assistant;
‘You’ve done an amazing job. So pleased I managed to get on your course. ‘OT from a Palliative Care Team;
‘I had no idea there was so many creative activities to use with planting seeds and plants. Thanks for a lovey day and please do create a WhatsApp group so that we may all share our ideas‘.