This POP Gardens course in Cornwall is designed for individuals wishing to use horticulture as a therapeutic medium, social cultural activity and/or leisure play activity. It is suitable for health professionals, teachers, social prescribers and anyone who wishes to understand why working with plants is good for us.
Horticulture has been employed by occupational therapists for over a 100 years to improve their clients health and wellbeing. The discipline of growing plants has broad appeal at many skill levels from nursery age children to older adults. Come and join us for this interactive and hands on practical workshop to:
- Gain insights into the use of horticulture as a meaningful socio-cultural occupation;
- Be introduced to a range of resources & tools for use with children and adults;
- Learn how horticultural activities can be applied to NHS Wellbeing initiatives and how it has been an effective therapeutic medium over time;
- Become familiar with tried & tested indoor & outdoor activities relating to art and culture;
- Meet and share ideas with other health professionals;
- See resources available for purchase, which will be available to buy on the day.
This course is to be held in the Tin Room at Heartlands, Dunance Lane, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 3QY from 10:00 to 16:00 on Thursday 5th September 2019.